Do you work for an organization that is continually changing direction, has financial challenges, or simply evolving quickly. Whether it’s a planned change or emergent change being a leader in the midst of change has its inherent challenges. Your ability to Lead Through Change is a valuable Leadership Ability. Ideas to consider:
1) Start with Why: Understand the business reasons for the change and be able to clearly communicate those reasons with the people you lead. For many leaders managing change is a critical responsibility starting with WHY is the first step.
2) Communicate the vision: share the “Why”, share the things that will stay the same, that will be left behind and the new opportunities coming up.
3) Establish a clear support infrastructure: create a realistic project plan, organization structure and internal advocates, a formal communication and training plan are essential. Share your plan with the management team and get their support.
4) Overcoming Resistance – Implement communication and support elements as described above! Use the IMPACT Model to embrace your team:
- I = Initiate Communication
- M = Motivate Through Knowledge
- P = People Matter
- A = Actions Say Everything
- C = Checks and Balances keep Everyone on Track
- T = Take Time to Talk with your Team
Tell us about your Leading Through Change Experience!