Recently I had the opportunity to facilitate a conversation regarding Personal Branding. It was enlightening
to hear everyone's feedback on what they believe a personal brand is. They said:
“Your personal brand provides a clear and memorable sense of what you stand for”
“Your Personal Brand is a story that is always being told”
“Your Personal Brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room”
“Your Actions prove what you Believe that’s Your Personal Brand”
The work involved in uncovering your brand may seem daunting, but your efforts will benefit you immeasurably. Hope you take the time to think through the questions below as you review your own personal brand and create your Brand Statement!
1. What are your vision and purpose?
2. What are your values and passions?
3. What are your top goals for the next year, 2 years, and 5 years?
4. Do an assessment of your top brand attributes.
5. What are your accomplishments?
6. What are your core strengths and skills?
7. Get feedback from those who know you best – at work, at home, anywhere.
8. Do a SWOT analysis (Strengths – Weaknesses – Opportunities – Threats).
9. Who is your target audience?
10. Remember the 3 Cs of personal branding:
• Clarity – be clear about who you are and who you are not.
• Consistency – express your brand across all communications channels – online and offline.
• Constancy – strong brands are always visible to their target audience